OnlyFans is a social media platform with subscription features where people pay a monthly fee in order to have access to your account. After paying for the subscription fee, your fans will be able to see all the content you’ve posted to your feed. First, you should know that OnlyFans lets models keep 80% of the revenue they generate with their profiles.
OnlyFans has become hugely popular within the adult industry because their kind of content people can post is not as restricted as on other websites. However, you can also find several content creators from different niches, including makeup artists, chefs, models, physical fitness, and so on.
So, first, let’s start describing what’s available in an OnlyFans profile. You can see:
- Posts, which can be different kinds of media, including videos, photos, and audios. Status updates are also included here, as well as live videos and stories.
- Photos – Where people can see all the pictures you’ve uploaded to the platform.
- Videos – Where people can see all the videos you’ve uploaded to the platform.
- Audio – If there are any voice recordings uploaded, they will be shown here.
- Likes – This tab shows how much likes you’ve received. Also, fans can see what pieces of content they have “liked” from you.
- Fans – This tab shows how much fans you have. However, keep in mind you won’t be able to see who follows you.
When you create an OnlyFans account, it is important to decide what kind of content you’ll upload to it. It can be an apology to your name, or maybe something related to the content you produce. There are many kinds of content you can upload to this platform, but since we’re an adult content blog, we’re going to give you some tips.
- You can produce regular vanilla content, or…
- You can choose to go to fetishes. The internet is filled with vanilla content, which makes fetish content harder to find. This makes people more likely to pay for it, so if you think this can work for you, it’s a possibility.
You’re not obligated to post anything you don’t want to. It is important for you to plan your content thoroughly before getting started in OnlyFans; otherwise, you may risk your fans flow, and people may quit your subscription, which is exactly what you’re trying to avoid.
Features for content creators
Before getting started into setting up your account, it is important to have an idea of what you’ll find on the website. These are the features available for content creators in OnlyFans:
- You can post regular text updates to your feed.
- You can attach media, such as photos (or multiple ones), videos, or audio.
- Polls are available here. If you want to know what your followers might like, polls are an excellent tool.
- Expiration dates for your posts are available too. You can make your posts available only for a given period.
- It’s also possible to schedule posts. Simply choose a date and hour, and it will appear on your feed exactly at that time.
- It’s also possible to sell locked posts. However, this is only available for those who have their subscription price “free.” You’re free to charge for your locked posts as much as you want. Again, this feature is only available for free-content creators. To take advantage of this feature, it is recommended to create a premium account and a free account. You can use the free account for promotional purposes and to sell exclusive posts, while you keep your fans entertained with what you post on your premium page.
- It’s also possible to live stream in OnlyFans. Once the stream has been finished, it’s possible to upload it as a regular video.
- OnlyFans has made it possible to post stories like you would on Snapchat or Instagram. They will be visible for a determined amount of time, and you can also save “highlight” stories on your profile.
- Receiving tips is another awesome feature OnlyFans has available. Fans can choose to send you tips whenever you post any update or during live streams.
- You can send messages to speak with your fans and keep in touch with them. In the regular messaging feature, you will find the Pay-Per-View (PPV) option, which allows you to send exclusive pieces of content they can have access to for an additional price.
Setting up your OnlyFans account
This may take some time, so it’s highly recommended to go through our How to become an OnlyFans model guide. There you can find all the necessary steps, starting from the moment you first enter the website to planning your content strategy.
Add your bank account to earn money
If you want to earn money, first you must provide payment information. Otherwise, your earnings will be stuck on the website. You will only be allowed to add bank account details after your personal information has been submitted and your identity has been verified.
The option to add a bank account is available below the “Subscription Price” tab. It is also possible to add a bank account by opening the side menu available in the profile icon you can find in the top right corner of the website. There, you must click the “Add bank (to earn)” option.
When you click there, you will be redirected to a page where they will ask you to confirm you’re over the age of 18. After that, click on “next” so you can start filling the necessary fields.
At this point, you will be asked to submit some kind of ID, such as your passport, and ID Card, or Driver’s License. Since you’re uploading explicit content, you must tick the “explicit content” tab. After that, you must send the requested information for approval, which takes about 48 hours to be reviewed and approved.
After your information has been verified and approved, you’ll be able to add your bank account details. Click on the profile icon, and then on the “add bank” tab. You will see the default settings, which is a direct transfer to your Visa Card.
For international content creators, there are other options, depending on your location.
Set your monthly subscription price
Once all your account details have been submitted and approved, you will be allowed to set your monthly subscription fee. To access these settings, you must go to your profile and click on the “edit profile” tab. There, you will find a field where you’ll see the default price is “free.” The minimum fee is $4.99, but it’s highly recommended to set it from $9.99 to $14.99. You can offer discounts now and then, and your price will fluctuate as your subscriber flow does.
People are more likely to subscribe when your prices are low, but if your content takes too long to be finished, don’t hesitate to charge more.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know all the services you can use to earn money in OnlyFans, it’s time for you to decide whether it is a good idea for you to sign up or not. If it is, do not hesitate to go to the official page and get your profile all set up!
More information about OnlyFans:
- How to become an OnlyFans model
- How much OnlyFans models make
- How to make money on OnlyFans
- Is OnlyFans legit?
- Best OnlyFans Alternatives